G52 brings an extraordinary set of skills and disciplines to assist the Barnes Management Group in its efforts to assist clients in meeting their social and community needs. The fit between the two companies is a natural as G52 is a unique Canadian company created to build better communities with focused, expert services that:
- Find and access funding needed for infrastructure and social programs that keep communities healthy and growing;
- Provide the communication and stakeholder outreach services that enhance municipal/ community projects and programs;
- Offer the legal advice that best protects community interests;
- Develop partnerships that work to generate long term returns to communities.
G52 is an extraordinary team of dedicated professionals who have highly respected skills that enhance — not replace — community resources. By sharing expertise we are helping make community human resources more effective.
Our Directors include:
- Kelly Mitchell — a consummate professional in public/ government affairs. Advising a broad spectrum of Who’s Who clients, Kelly has a long and high regarded record of successful outcomes with the Federal and Provincial governments. His efforts have helped develop key public policy, which have earned Kelly deep respect among government and business leaders.
- Mark Holmes — brings multifaceted expertise as a communicator, advocacy expert and business professional. After an award winning journalism career with TorStar Corp., Mark turned his formidable communications skills to the advocacy sector representing sustainable resource use communities. His government relations skills were further honed as a senior policy advisor to the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines and, most recently, Mark served as President of one of Ontario’s largest renewable energy (waterpower) development companies.
- Ralph Palumbo, a superb government relations expert, has advised the Law Society of Ontario, the Chartered General Accountants and, most recently, served the Insurance Bureau of Canada as Vice President, Ontario. Ralph has successfully dealt with complex public policies issues, built lasting partnerships between government and private sector interests and has strong ties with government and business leaders across Ontario and Canada.
- David Wires, a certified specialist in civil litigation by the Law Society of Upper Canada, has appeared as senior counsel in complex corporate, commercial, securities and administrative matters before the Superior Court of Ontario, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court of Canada and domestic and international arbitrations. His clients have included individuals, banks, trust companies, insurance companies, professional associations, and public and private companies. From the individual business owner to large corporate clients, and, from simple out of court settlements to the complexities of Supreme Court of Canada, David brings a wealth of legal experience and expertise to G52.
Using a unique web portal, G52 offers affordable and flexible solutions to municipal governments by first helping communities find eligible grants and funding programs. In the past, communities would have to spend hours or even days scouring dozens of government websites, downloading forms and regulations and then submitting applications that may or may not be successful. The G52 portal streamlines the process, reducing the required effort from days to minutes and greatly improves the odds of a successful outcome.
The portal is only the first step in what G52 can offer to communities. With Grant writers who have very specialized skills in project management and communications, G52 can give municipalities the competitive edge to win more grants.
G52 works with an extraordinary Advisory Board that includes eight of Canada’s leading experts on municipal government, policy, procurement and, environmental practices, green procurement, renewable energy, strategy and communications. The Advisory Board provides the intellectual horsepower, experience, guidance and support for municipal governments fighting their way through complex process and challenging circumstance.
The people at G52 believe that municipal governments matter the most in providing services that people care about and need. Our sole purpose is to provide the expertise and experience to deliver on ever more complex projects, allowing community organizations to provide the services expected of them today and for the future.