BMG uses an engaging, partnership-driven approach in working with Aboriginal organizations and communities. Our common goals are to generate organizational and community growth and prosperity. We are proud to be assisting an Aboriginal child protection agency to keep children in care close to their homes and developing staff retention strategies. We are also assisting a First Nation build capacity to manage and be an effective partner in development of its hydropower resources.
To date, we have:
- Created partnerships with Aboriginal partners (i.e., clients, local aboriginal leaders, the community and university aboriginal departments);
- Coordinated services that will support creating a healthy community to raise children;
- Developed a partnership with an architectural firm to work with the community and architect students in customizing the design of the homes;
- Partnered with developers to construct the homes and prescribing the use of local labour;
- Developed culturally sensitive accountability and governance mechanisms.