The social services and broader public and nonprofit sectors will undergo fundamental shifts over the next several years driven in large part by changing demographics, resource limitations, and funding constraints.
The exodus of long-serving personnel, lack of management succession, the prospect of widespread amalgamations and mergers, and the advent of new funding models will have profound implications for the attraction, development and retention of talent; identification and grooming of leaders; relevance of current organization structures and design; and evolution of organization cultures and values.
At Barnes Management Group, we take a very strategic approach to helping you address these forces. Linked to your organization’s strategy, we work with you to assess your human resource requirements; identify core competencies for the future; design and conduct innovative leadership development programming customized to your needs; facilitate succession planning processes; and adopt a wide range of activities to build organizational alignment, cohesion and sustainability.
We’ve run agencies and conducted many strategic human capital and organizational processes across the nonprofit government and public sectors over the past 30 years. We understand your world, and importantly, we really care about it.
To date, we have provided our extensive technical expertise in all areas of Human Resources enabling us to provide you with innovative, customized, realistic and affordable H.R. solutions on a wide range of H.R. projects such as:
- Development and administration of a variety of employee and workplace surveys
- Total Compensation Studies
- Collective Bargaining support- Labour market research
- Organizational Design – identifying opportunities for changes to formal and informal structures to better support the organization in achieving it’s business results
- Process Redesign Work – identifying efficiencies in work processes to support achievement of business results.
- Development of a training plan in collaboration with your senior management team including establishment of pre-implementation objectives and evaluation of post-implementation metrics
- Development of performance management systems which ensures that employees are focusing their efforts on high leverage, high priority activities that are critical to meeting organizational, departmental and professional imperatives.
- Human Resource planning support to assist your organization in developing the strategies necessary to attract and retain, the number and types of employees to ensure workforce continuity in the future.
We offer timely professional guidance and consultation to employers to assist them in developing high impact solutions in response to a variety of complex and challenging workplace issues.
A core area of business for us is in the area of Human Resource outsourcing. We work with a number of employers who have less than 20 employees and for whom access to onsite H.R. expertise is not always feasible. By accessing human resource services on an outsourced basis, organizations are able to access cost effective and timely expertise to address a myriad of workplace issues at the time that they need it most. The level of utilization as well as the range of services accessed is one hundred percent client-driven. You determine how much, or how little service you require, based on the needs of your organization and within the budgetary parameters you establish.
HR Infrastructure Development and Capacity Building
We have supported organizations in the area of H.R. infrastructure development and capacity building both within start-up and expansion contexts. Our extensive experience in conducting human resource audits have enabled us to support organizations to conceptualize and operate full service human resource departments based on a model of H.R. best practices
Harassment, Mediation and Dispute Resolution
We assist organizations by providing confidential and fair assessments of fact and circumstances with impartial information gathering and analysis. Our team has expertise in managing the fact finding process to bring respectful results to workplace or Board function issues.
The goal of our succession planning service is to contribute to your ongoing success as an organization by ensuring leadership continuity. We work with you to ensure that your executives have the competencies required to meet the long-term succession needs of your organization. Through our Leadership Development program we develop individualized development plans for all of the executives within your organization to ensure that your organization is ready to successfully fill key positions as they arise.