Deborah brings twenty-five years of senior administrator experience in the not for profit sector. Deborah Graduated from Carleton University with a Major in Law and a Minor in Women’s Studies in 1989. Deborah’s career took her to various not for profit agencies throughout the GTA within the community and the social service sectors. Much of Deborah’s career was in association with numerous Provincial and Federal Government Ministries. Deborah has held many senior positions on various Regional, Provincial and National Committees all with an intentional leadership of change. Deborah also brings a solid knowledge of the Violence Against Women Issues as they relate to current and past strategies.
Her areas of specialty include:
- A leadership style that incorporates a solid emphasis on collaboration and partnership while demonstrating strong decision-making, conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Facilitation – skills that pull groups together, lead their discussions, represent all sides, mediate difficult discussions to positive outcomes, listen, problem solve, greater good resolutions, educate, teach proper accountability, governance and management policy and procedure (practice).
- Senior management experience, recruitment, hiring, supervision and training of direct service staff, management staff and volunteers as well as personnel policy/procedure development and implementation. Well versed in employment law and legislation.
- Program development, design and implementation, organizational review and evaluation, budget development, proposal writing and defending proposal submissions. Financial accountability and presentation; administration of governance and human resources policy and procedure development.
- Collaborative liaison with Government (Provincial and Regional) and other funding sources (Private and Public). Strategic planning, professional development, conflict resolution, risk management, shared leadership, team building and community partnerships.
- A well honed work ethic to meet deadlines while resourceful, diplomatic, reliable, able to work under pressure and challenges, committed, attention to detail, flexible, organized, priority minded, compassionate, empathetic and willing to debate and consider different views and opinions, excellent work ethic, polite & professional
Deborah whole heartedly believes ‘it is not what you do but how you do it. She has dedicated a work life to community and all people in the community. Deborah has a profound commitment to shared leadership and a dedication to progressive change in the human service sectors.